iNewsletter can automatically post a news feed item into Compass, with a link to your newsletter, when you publish a newsletter.
To setup the integration, or change the user who the news feed item appears from:
- Login to Compass as the user the news feed item should appear from
- Click the Cogwheel icon in the top right corner and choose Administration Tools (if Administration Tools isn't in the menu, ensure the user is a member of the CompassSponsors group)
- Choose Client Manager
- Click Register Client and choose Register iNewsletter Client
- Fill out audience details, we recommend staff and students. Give the client a name and choose Register
- Take note of the newly generated Client ID
Now you need to add/update the Integration in iNewsletter:
- On the Dashboard for the Publication you want to setup the integration for and open a draft newsletter
- Click the Publish menu in the top right corner
- Next to Send to Compass, click the Cogwheel icon
- In the popup window that appears, add or update your compass domain name and the Client ID you generated through Compass
- Click Save & Close
When you go to publish your next newsletter, you can click the Switch icon next to Send to Compass to enable publishing to Compass.